Following the easing of the Federal Government’s lock-down of Lagos, Ogun and the FCT, and the gradual resumption of economic activities across the country, Grooming Centre resumed operations in some branches on Monday, May 4, 2020, with absolute compliance with Government directives. To help achieve a safe and healthy workplace, the Centre implemented;
- 60% staff capacity across all operating branches including the Head Office;
- Mandatory use of face-masks, temperature checks, availability and use of alcohol based hand sanitizers for staff and clients across all branches and Head Office;
- Adoption of skeletal services with departmental two-week rotation;
- Revised official working hours to 9am – 3pm as against 8am – 5pm;
- Strict adherence to social distancing within the office premises.
A five-week moratorium was placed on all loans during the lockdown, and protocols for the rescheduling and refinancing of loans have been developed and implemented. In addition, the Centre has leveraged on its partnerships to explore alternative delivery channels. A pilot using agent banking for cash-ins in the Lagos Programme Area is ongoing, while mechanisms to enable cash out at agent locations for loan disbursements and savings withdrawals are being developed.